This is coming a bit late, but here it is – the review of the January Look Fantastic Beauty box. It has been a while since I was last subscribed, but I am glad that I am back to receiving these pretty little boxes. Honestly, what pushed me to get back to them was the fact that I had found out that my favourite box ever – My Little Box – was not longer available in the UK and I was late by one month in ordering the last box. It meant a lot to me, especially since I had bought the very first box they came out with on the British market. Anyway, Look Fantastic is always a good place to look when feeling sad about something as their boxes never disappoint. They are no longer as interesting as they used to be, at least in my opinion, but you can trust they will never truly disappoint you.
The first I noticed about the box was the new design. The box size changed slightly and I truly dig it, now it actually accommodates the Elle Magazine that comes with each edition. It was a bit cheesy the fact that they switched in January, but it was a nice surprise and a welcome one as well. Things are changing or at least I hope they are and even the little things such as these make me hopeful.
Enough about the box for now, let’s talk products. The box content could have been better, but it is not bad either. I was hoping for something more outstanding, but January boxes (in general) are never anything special from what I observed for the past four years. However, I am glad that I am able to tell you that I do not regret the investment.
- Balance Me – Congested Skin Serum: This is a product that I tried several times before and I am still slightly confused about what it does. I understand what it is supposed to do, but I did not observe any useful effects from using it and this was at a time when I had hard trouble dealing with acne.
- MonuSpa Warming Ginger bath & body oil: This is another product that I received in the past and to be honest I never actually felt tempted to try it. My previous sample is somewhere at the bottom of my ‘things I probably won’t ever use’ box.
- ESPA Pink hair & Scalp mud: This is a product that I need to get back to you on. I did use it, but I need to use it again, probably more than once, before I can finally make up my mind. Luckily, I do have another sample.
- Korres White tea fluid gel cleanser: I have not used it yet, but I am looking forward to it. Korres is a brand that I admire and I so far I enjoyed most of their products. We shall see.
- Erno Laszlo White Marble Essence Lotion: This is a product that I have not used before, but this is the one I am most excited about. To be honest I wished I had received one of the other two options, but that is alright. I love the brand and I know the trouble I had to go through to get my hands on all the products that I owe from them. It is an iconic brand that everyone needs to try at least once in their lifetime, however the products are not always easily available.
- ModelCo 3D Lash primer: I love this product! I have trouble with mascara, but this product helps me greatly. I found another primer in the past that I need to tell you all about, but I was not sure that I would find another one. I might actually like this one better, but then again I have been a huge fan of ModelCo ever since I tried my first product from them, so probably I should have not been surprised.
Hmm, now that I talked about all of these products, maybe the box is not that bad. Well, I did not consider it bad to begin with, but now I might just like it a little bit better. Overall, I am happy with the products and the box and I look forward to the next one. Furthermore, did I mention that you also get a travel size edition of Elle Magazine? I know that Elle is no longer the most relatable magazine, if it ever was, but it is definitely something to look through when bored and to pick up some new tips and tricks while you are at it.
What do you think of this Look Fantastic beauty box?