The new advent calendar from Jo Malone is back for another year. This luxury beauty treat is filled with a selection of Jo Malone beauty products from fragrances to body care and candles. Each day in December leading up to Christmas, you can open up a new door ready for the next surprise!
The moment you open the first door on your advent calendar, you’ll be greeted by an array of sophisticated scents, pushing you right in the holiday season state of mind.
Before I share my comments on the products, let’s see what Jo Malone actually has in store for us, shall we? I bet you are excited to find out more.
Jo Malone Advent Calendar 2021 Contents
- Blackberry & Bay Body Crème 50ml
- Cypress & Grapevine Cologne 9ml
- Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne Intense 9ml
- English Pear & Freesia Cologne 30ml
- English Pear & Freesia Candle 35g
- English Pear & Fressia Soap
- Fig & Lotus Flower Cologne 9ml
- Grapefruit Candle 35g
- Honeysuckle & Davana Cologne 9ml
- Jasmine Sambac& Marigold Cologne Intense 9ml
- Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne 9ml
- Lime Basil & Mandarin Soap
- Myrrh & Tonka Cologne Intense 9ml
- Orange Bitter Cologne 9ml
- Oud & Bergamot Cologne Intense 9ml
- Poppy & Barley Cologne 9ml
- Peony & Blush Suede Hand Cream 15ml
- Peony & Blush Suede Body & Hand Wash 30ml
- Pine & Eucalyptus Mini Candle 35g
- Pomegranate Noir Candle 35g
- Vetiver & Golden Vanilla Cologne Intense 9ml
- Wild Bluebell Cologne 9ml
- Wood Sage & Sea Salt Body & Hand Wash 30ml
- Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne 9ml
Jo Malone Advent Calendar 2021 Release Date & Price
The Advent Calendar will become available in Jo Malone stores starting Monday 18th October. Stay tuned as I will update this post as soon as the calendar is live and available for purchase.
The new beauty advent calendar from Jo Malone is priced at £325 and will be available for purchase here.
My comments on the Jo Malone Beauty Advent Calendar
If you’ve been around for the past few years, then you might know that this is not necessarily a calendar I am super excited about. However, I do adore Jo Malone products and always have several of their fragrances in my stash.
How can that be though?
I am not as excited as someone who adores perfume and specifically, Jo Malone colognes should be because the calendar usually does not make a good investment. Sure, you get to try several of the colognes and explore how they feel on your skin for longer periods of time than if you were to simply try them in-store, however, I cannot recall the last time the value of the calendar was actually higher than the price. For me, this is something that matters as I always try to get the best deal I can. This calendar to me never seemed like a great deal. I would rather purchase three full-sized colognes instead. That is just me though.
Also, I am not a huge fan of the Jo Malone body care products, but I do enjoy the candles. Not to mention these are always very popular during Christmas time. I wish they had included more candles if not the colognes themselves. Jo Malone is not a body care brand and it shows. They try to make their products luxurious and to some extent, they are, but fragrances is where they excel and differentiate themselves from the rest of the beauty brands out there. I am not the kind of person who usually says to “stick to what you know”, but take from this what you will.
Let’s talk about the scents included now as I’ve rambled enough.
- English Pear & Freesia: this is a beautiful, slightly fruity but also fresh scent. I do not find it overly sweet. For me, this is a perfect spring scent. It is definitely not heavy enough to be worn in winter IMO. I enjoyed this scent enough to get full-sized cologne, but it started losing its appeal as I reached mid-bottle. If you do enjoy a mysterious, feminine, and yet fresh scent, then this might be for you. If you love sweet, gourmand, musky scents then maybe you won’t enjoy it as much.
- Jasmine Sambac& Marigold: this is an intoxicating fragrance. This scent contains one of my favorite notes: jasmine. Unlike the previously mentioned scent, this one is strong, but then again, it is one of the intense colones so that is to be expected. However, the scent itself is pretty heavy, and yet it is not necessarily one I would classify as a winter scent. It could easily fit the bill, and yet there is something about it that makes it more summery. The scent is flowery yet spicy, it has this oriental allure to it, but there is something more to it and I cannot honestly put my finger on what that is. This is the fragrance I used the least, but then again I totally forgot I even had it…. The scent lingers and I can sense it from a room distance at least. I made the mistake of giving it to my mom to use these days and it wakes me up in the morning when she applies it.
- Orange Bitter: now this is a Christmas scent. I mean, this is what I imagine the scent of Christmas would smell like. It is bitter, yet very sweet at the same time. The orange gives it a freshness to it that makes it much less gourmand. If you were expecting something similar to the orange perfume from Beauty Pie, this is not it. This is much more complex and perfect for colder months. I am smitten!
- Poppy & Barley: this is yet another fragrance I have no idea how to even begin and describe. I was expecting this fragrance to smell like a field or something, but that is not really what it makes me think of. This is a seducing, not overly flowery fragrance. It is on the heavy side, but so much so that it is not unsuitable for spring or summertime. It is an elegant scent that works well during the day but also helps transition to nighttime.
- Peony & Blush Suede: Same as above, this is yet another elegant, feminine yet not overly so scent that is perfect at any time of day or night as well as regardless of the season. I do admit that besides the Poppy & Barley, this is the only fragrance I personally repurchased from Jo Malone. Truth be told, I am at my 7th or 8th bottle of this and it was my first ever cologne from Jo Malone and what got me so interested in the brand. Sadly though, this blog was not named after the cologne (just in case you were wondering).
- Wild Bluebell: this is a fragrance that personally I never got to wear for long periods of time. Each time I passed through the airport where I usually got my Jo Malone fragrances at duty-free (if possible, why not? 🙂 ) the cologne was sold out. I have had a couple of minis and samples though so I can tell you a little bit about it. From all the fragrances from Jo Malone this in my opinion is the lightest one. It is pretty faint however, you can sense it and it creates more of an experience than a one-time event if that makes any sense. It is something that follows you, that is there, but that does not stand in your way. It is extremely elegant, yet wild. It reminds me of a sunny summer afternoon near the sea/ocean (think Nantucket/New England).
Strangely enough, I guess I struggled even more while trying to explain the fragrances you will find in this beauty advent calendar than I ever have before. It probably comes down to the fact that Jo Malone is more about experiences and senses as well as the feeling it evokes rather than pinpointing the scents exactly. It is more about art than science (at least in my humble opinion).
I know that I focused most on the scents, but that is key here. However, I would like to add a few things about the candles. Jo Malone candles are not for burning, but rather keeping around. Okay, you can totally burn them, but you do not have to. The candle gives off a rather strong fragrance that engulfs the space they are placed in. I have had my Peony and Blush candle for years and I can still sense it when I walk by it. The fragrance faded, but it was still there. Just something to keep in mind. I know that burning candles can be quite relaxing, but maybe you find scents relaxing as well.
Overall, the Jo Malone London beauty advent calendar is gorgeous and it is an experience in itself. However, if you are already familiar with the scents and you know exactly what you like and what you do not then this calendar might not be for you. While I do not have a confirmation of this year’s calendar total value, I do have a strong impression that it is once again lower than the price.
The Jo Malone Advent Calendar is much more suitable for someone who has yet to discover the magic world of the brand, for someone who is not familiar with the scents. It is also a gorgeous and luxurious gift that many women will appreciate, especially if they do not have to buy it for themselves (hint).
What do you think of this new edition of the Jo Malone London Beauty Advent Calendar?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.