It seems that Selfridges has quite a few surprises for us this year. The department store is back with a new edition of their winter gift set/collection that we started looking forward to ever since it first launched in 2019 or was it 2018? Is the same though? one can never know when it comes to Selfridges.
This year, the beauty gift set is bigger than ever before, but the focus does seem to have switched a bit towards makeup. Let’s have a closer look?
Selfridges Hers Beauty Gift Set Contents
- Lano Everywhere Multi-Cream 85ml
- Malin & Goetz Vitamin B5 Body Moisturiser 30ml
- 111SKIN Rose Gold Booster 20ml
- Barbara Sturm Face Mask Sachet Box 7 x 10ml
- By Terry Baume de Rose Flaconette 2.3g
- Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Sea Salt Scrub 40ml (lovely product, a must try in my opinion)
- Dermalogica Calm Water 50ml
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Exfoliating Body Treatment 2 applications
- Frank Body Original Face Scrub 35ml
- Illamasqua Mini Hydra Veil 6ml (not over the moon about this one; did not see its benefits)
- NUDESTIX Hydra-Gel Cleanser 70ml
- OUAI Detox Shampoo 30ml
- OUAI Fine/Medium Treatment Masque 30g
- PIXI Rose Glow Mist 80ml (another product that I do not understand – way too overhyped)
- Rodial Dragons Blood Micellar Water 100ml – review
- bareMinerals MINERALIST Lipstick in shade Grace 3.6g
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in shade Dusty Mauve 1.6g
- Milk Makeup Hydro Setting Spray 50ml
- Morphe 9R Bronze Metal artistry palette 10.1g
- Nars Climax Mascara 7g
- MAC Mini Chilli Lipstick 1.8g
- Juliette Has A Gun Lipstick Fever 5ml – review
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle Fluidity Gold 5ml
- Huda Beauty WISHFUL Yo Glow in Tropical Fruit 40ml
Price and Value
The Hers Beauty Gift set is priced at £150 and has a value of £500. This is a limited edition gift set so you need to move fast if you intent to grab one. These have sold out within hours in previous years. You never know.
Grab the beauty gift set here.
Hmm. The moment I saw this beauty gift from Selfridges I was excited, but then as I had a closer look at the products, my enthusiasm dimmed considerably. It seems that this year retailers haven’t really been on par with expectations or is it just me that feels so? I truly hoped that Selfridges would be different, but I guess not.
The Hers Beauty Gift Set looks nice overall, but it lacks that special something that basically every other gift set/advent calendar this year lacked. Perhaps we have gotten used to a certain level and retailers have failed to surpass it so we no longer see how great some things are. I doubt it, but then again it could be just me.
Also, I know you are going to hate me for this one day, but I am a bit disappointed that there is so much makeup included. It is great that the gift set is larger than ever before, but they could have included more skincare in my opinion. I do not know about you, but I still have lots of makeup items that I have no idea what I am going to do with and cannot bring myself to throw away even though maybe I should and over the past two years I still got some extra pieces from gifts and other such sets that I haven’t even touched. Is there anyone out there who really needs tons of new makeup right now?
Another thing that I cannot help but point out is that the gift is pricier than in previous years and yet the value is pretty much the same. Can anyone confirm?
Overall, this is without a doubt an option if you are looking for a gift or want to treat yourself, but personally I do feel a bit let down. If you feel the same, you might be more interested in this Revolve Summer Beauty Box which is currently available at a discount.
How do you feel about this new Selfridges Hers Beauty Gift Set?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.