This review is super late, I know that. It has been three months since I opened the last box in the M&S Beauty Advent Calendar. However, life got in the way and I never got around to posting this review so here I am. I know that Christmas is far away, but in less than half of year you will be once again hit by the many beauty advent calendars being released in 2020. Before that, I want to post a final review of all the advent calendars and tell you which are the ones I will keep my eyes open for this upcoming Christmas season. You will want definitely want to be prepared!
The M&S Beauty Advent Calendar was delivered quickly, as it always is. If you recall, you needed to spend a certain amount of money on products from m&S departments in order to be able to get this calendar for less. The calendar and said products were delivered at the same time, but in different boxes.
The delivery was smooth and no product was damaged.
M&S Beauty Advent Calendar Contents
- Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser with Damask Rose 30ml
- Autograph Kohl Eye Liner
- Autograph Luminosity Radiant Skin Primer 15ml
- Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair 100ml
- Emma Hardie Purifying Pink Clay Detox Mask 20ml
- Eyeko Lash Alert Mascara 4ml
- Filorga Reverse Moisturiser 7ml
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml
- M&S Coconut Body Butter 50ml
- M&S Dual Action Eye Brush
- M&S Formula Absolute Total Lip & Eye 15ml
- M&S Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream 15ml
- M&S Pure Super Hydrate Day Cream SPF15 30ml
- Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 30ml
- Nails Inc Nail Polish Weekend Millionaire 10ml
- Nuxe Crème Prodigieuse Boost Multi-Correction Gel Cream 15ml
- Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm 75ml
- Philip Kingsley Body Building Weightless Shampoo 60ml
- Prai Ageless Throat & Decolletage Night Crème 30ml
- Pur Afterglow Highlighter 2.5g
- REN V-Cense Night Cream 30ml
- Shay & Blue White Peaches Fragrance 10ml
- Skyn Iceland Minty Lip Fix With Glacial Water 12ml
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick 1.5ml
- This Works Sleep Together Calming Spray 75ml
This is my third or fourth beauty advent calendar from Marks & Spencer. I am a huge fan of the brand even though these days I wonder why. I was severely disappointed by the brand’s latest actions regarding the situation we all find ourselves in. But when I got this calendar, I was still enamoured with the brand.
I try to got this calendar whenever possible, but what I noticed is that they often include the same products as the previous year despite the fact that their beauty range keeps increasing. For that reason, I sometimes skip it despite the fact that the calendar provides quite some value at an affordable price. The 2019 version was no different.
The 2019 beauty advent calendar from Marks & Spencer also contained many of the products I have seen before in the calendars, but also a few new ones. In addition to this, something else I noticed is that despite the fact that the calendars try to cover all their bases and they succeed to some extent, they also include many of the same product – more than one or two night time products such as creams is a bit much when they could have covered more ground and provided you with a complete makeup and skincare set.
Overall, I liked the M&S Beauty Advent Calendar. The calendar was good, don’t get me wrong. But it has gotten a bit boring. I know that some of you find the brand itself boring and unimaginative. I get that, I do. I did not consider it as such, but noticed some inability to adapt to the new fashion rules. I still like some of their products. In fact, I am wearing head to two M&S right now. My point is that the advent calendar is not as impressive as it used to be or as I once found it to be.
The products included were good and good quality. In addition you got your money’s worth. There are also quite some interesting products in the calendars but nothing impressive. There was nothing, not a single product that I became obsessed with. All the products I will use, more or less, but the spark was missing.