Selfridges, the British department store that we all know and love is back with a brand new beauty advent calendar. The Selfridges Beauty Advent Calendar includes many cult products from Selfridges’ best-selling brands including Huda, Pat McGrath or Nars. For me, this calendar is the definition of practical luxury, but I am going to let you decide for yourself.
Selfridges Beauty Advent Calendar Contents
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Hyaluronic Serum 10ml
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Mascara 10ml in Super Black
- Parfums De Marly Delina Hand Cream 30ml
- Nars Mini Bronzing Powder 3.3g in Laguna
- 111 Skin Oxygen Express Mask 30ml
- Aveda Nutriplenish Light Moisture Shampoo 50ml & Conditioner 50ml
- Huda Beauty Cleansing Balm 100g
- Milk Makeup Lip and Cheek 6g in Werk
- Moroccanoil Treatment 25ml
- Sunday Riley CEO 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 15ml
- Hay’ou Jade Beauty Restorer
- Malin + Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant 73g
- Hourglass Ambient Powder 10g in Luminous Light
- The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 30ml
- Davines Ol All in One Milk 50ml
- Maison Margiela Lazy Sunday Morning eau de parfum 10ml
- Augustinus Bader Rich Cream 15ml
- Ren Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 100ml
- Susanne Kauffman St. John’s Wort Bath calming 50g
- Ex Nihilo Fleur Narcotique Candle
- Pat McGrath Liquilust Divine Rose 5ml
- Selfridges Complimentary Beauty Concierge Appointment
- Le Labo Santal 33 eau de parfum 15ml
Price and Value
The new beauty advent calendar from Selfridges is priced at £201 and has a reported value of over £700. The calendar is on sale now can be purchased from here.
Sadly, the product is not available for international shipping.
Hmm, where to start? The Selfridges Beauty Advent Calendar caught my attention from the first time I saw the launch info in my inbox a while back. It took me by surprise as Selfridges advent calendars have not been on my radar since the last one I purchased many years ago now. I was truly getting excited, but sadly due to the unexpected move to make it UK only, it is no longer an option for me. I a not excited enough to say that I cannot live without it and resort to third-party delivery services and pay customs fees on it (emphasis on the last bit). That is just me though.
Let’s talk about the calendar in more detail now. The outside box is gorgeous and it is impossible not to notice the design. You can see the flagship Oxford Street store illustrated proudly on the outside of the box. Why shouldn’t it be though? Harrods does this as well, plus the store is one of the most beautiful buildings on Oxford Street.
Content-wise, this calendar might not only contain products I am interested in and that is completely normal, however, but the products are also as much practical as they are luxurious. I am not trying to be sarcastic, but maybe the choice of words is not the clearest one. I do find the contents to be quite luxurious, but the products are down to Earth and usable at the same time. This is what I meant.
Specifically, about the contents I can tell you the following:
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Hyaluronic Serum: this is a severely overpriced serum and yet I ended up loving it. I have tried it as mini many times and hated it, but after using several full-sized bottles of the product I ended up loving it. I do not know whether there is a difference in product quality between the minis and the full sizes or whether the formula change or just my skin did (totally normal). The serum is hydrating, it absorbs rather well and leaves the skin looking plump and healthy. The price however is exorbitant when there are alternatives that work rather well at much more affordable prices and I am not just referring to the cult ones that cost under a tenner, but even among the luxury ones, you can still find acceptable alternatives. I do recommend this product though, but not for purchase.
- The Hay’ou Jade Beauty Restorer is currently one of my favorite beauty tools. You might think that any Gua Sha will do, but there is a difference between this one and most super affordable ones you can find on Amazon. The tool is nicely shaped and the surface is incredibly smooth. It feels different both when you hold it and on your face.
- Ex Nihilo Fleur Narcotique Candle is a candle that I absolutely love the fragrance of. I did not expect to like it, but the scent is both sensual and elegant, but not sweet or overly feminine. It is not overpowering and it is also mysterious. It is unlike any other scent I came across before. I haven’t brunt my candle even though I had it since 2019 and it still smells as great as it did when I got it.
Overall, the Selfridges advent calendar is a good choice, but the value is inflated by two or so products including the Augustinus Bader Cream and the Dr. Barbara Sturm serum. The selection of products is as I have mentioned above pretty practical. The Selfridges Beauty Advent Calendar contains products that are luxurious, but that can be used whenever. There is also a great balance between skincare, makeup and the addition of fragrance does not hurt either. It is definitely a point in the calendar’s favour.
What do you think of this new launch from Selfridges?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.