This is a review I should have posted long ago, but you know how it is when you have tons of things to do and no time to do them. This time I was really under a huge amount of pressure as I was trying to post constantly on Instagram the unboxing of the items from the calendars as well as schedule reviews for the products included in the calendar. On top of it all, I also accepted an offer to embark on a new project which came with additional obligations. It was a hectic period and it is not over yet. Hopefully it won’t be over anytime soon, but that does mean that I will need to make a bit of an effort to juggle everything. Also, I apologise if you are so over advent calendars.
Anyway, here it is finally – the review of the Other Advent Calendar that Liberty Released in 2019.
If you recall from the article where I first introduced this calendar when it was initially released, this calendar was more of a lifestyle calendar and in particular it was dedicated more towards a male demographic than a female one. That is not to say that women could not benefit from it. Since there are more sides to this calendar review, I will write this review a tad differently than I have the rest.
But first, here is the generic info.
The Other Advent Calendar from Liberty came in a box very similar to the one used for the Beauty Advent Calendar. Except, the print used inside the box was different. I actually preferred the print in this one than in the beauty calendar. The price of the calendar was the same as for the Beauty Advent calendar and that was £215.
Other Advent Calendar Contents
- Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion 60ml
- Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Roller Ball 10ml
- Bumble and Bumble Sumotech 50ml
- Claus Porto Musgo Real Classic Scent Soap 160g
- Davines Solu Shampoo 75ml
- Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant 13g
- Diptyque Feu de Bois Scented Candle 70g
- Dr Sebagh Supreme Night Secret 50ml
- Dr. Vranjes Firenze Rosso Nobile Fragranza d’Ambiente 25ml
- D.S. & Durga Bowmakers Body Wash 30ml
- Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Eau de Toilette 30ml Travel Refill
- Frédéric Malle French Lover Eau de Parfum 10ml
- Herbivore Botanicals Beard Tonic Vetiver & Sage 30ml
- Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm 4.4g
- The Lab Co. Cashmere Wash 60ml
- Liberty London Miniature Distilled Old Tom Gin 5cl
- Marvis Classic Strong Mint Travel Toothpaste 25ml
- Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser 30ml & Vitamin E Face Moisturiser 30ml
- Noble Isle Fireside Bath & Shower Gel 50ml & Fireside Body Lotion 50ml
- Native Union Belt Cable 1.2m
- Not-Another-Bill Money Clip
- Omorovicza Moor Cream Cleanser 30ml
- Paul Smith Socks (one size)
- Susanne Kaufmann Deodorant Stick Line M 75g
- Verso Super Eye Serum With Retinol 8 30ml
As you can see the contents are orientated more towards a male demographic and for men, this would have been an incredible gift. There is a bit of everything to choose from – shaving products, phone charger, gin, socks, candles and more grooming products as well. So even if the men in you life are not that much into skincare and beauty, there were enough products to satisfy them as there were spoilt for choice.
As far as women are concerned, while women can use almost every single one of these products, there were a few that stood out. In particular, the products that caught my attention are the Supreme Night Cream from Dr Sebagh and the Retinol Eye Cream from Verso Skincare. These two products are actually worth more than the calendar itself and they are exactly what the Beauty Advent Calendar was missing in order for it to be outstanding. From the lifestyle products there are products which women can easily use as those products do not discriminate. However even from the beauty ones, there are many more that women could easily use if they wish to do so. The Aesop shaving cream is quite popular among women who shave, the shower gels and deodorant while they are more masculine in terms of scent are also fair game and so on.
Personally, I think this calendar was actually pretty darn fantastic. If I would have kept this calendar for myself then I probably would have not said that it was incredible as I have to admit that I do not have use for some of the items, but since I did share it with someone who loved the products that I did not keep for myself, I have to say that this is a perfect couple/household gift. There is something for everyone over the age of 16. So if you don’t want to spend a fortune on several advent calendars then this would have been a very good choice for let’s say a couple. But again, I want to emphasise that it is suitable for others as well.
Overall, I did enjoy this calendar and truly wished that the two skincare products I focused above were included in the Beauty Advent Calendar. I did enjoy that calendar more as I am a beauty lover, but I also enjoyed some of the lifestyle products in this one and even some of the grooming ones. The money/value ratio in this case is really incredible and from this regard this calendar is much better than the beauty one. However, I do feel that the decision to create two advent calendars took something away from the beauty calendar, but on the other hand, I am glad that the department store created something for men as well.