I am back with a review I never thought I would get to write. Do not get me wrong, the moment I saw the Cult Beauty Advent Calendar 2022 press release, I was very much interested in the calendar and even considered getting it for the first time in many years, probably since its first edition. Then, I decided not to.
Things have been a bit more tricky lately and I have to admit that I am a bit worried as to how this upcoming winter will look like. while some countries might recover faster, I know mine won’t be on that list so things do have a higher chance of going downhill in the following months. Since I could not help myself and get the Miin Cosmetics Advent Calendar, I decided that perhaps for the first time, one calendar should be enough. I managed to overcome so many temptations and my beauty spending for this year’s report looked so pretty. Then Cult Beauty comes out with many offers for this advent calendar.
You see? For the first time ever, the Cult Beauty Advent Calendar 2022 edition did not sell out in a matter of hours or even days. No, the calendar has been around for months now. In the attempt to sell all the stock, Cult Beauty attempted many marketing schemes. I managed to ignore some of those, but then I “fell” for one and here we are.
Before going forward, I am sure that the reason Cult Beauty did not manage to sell the calendar out as fast as in previous years is not necessarily related to its contents but rather a combination of price, economic conditions and the release of way more units than ever before.
Anyway, keep on reading to find out my honest opinion of the Cult Beauty Advent Calendar 2022 edition. Let’s go!
Delivery to the EU for this beauty event calendar from Cult Beauty did take a while longer, but in the grand scheme of things, I do believe the delivery time was alright. It took around 10 days for the calendar to reach me from the moment I placed the order and around 7 calendar days since shipping. The delivery was made via TrakPak which then handed the parcel to a local courier.
I reason why I am saying that 10 days is not a lot is due to the fact that I had two items in my order and the other item despite shipping before the calendar, took longer to arrive.
The parcel arrives in one-piece and was surprisingly clean on the outside despite being subjected to customs a couple of times and placed in several warehouses along the way.
The Cult Beauty Advent Calendar box is quite beautiful. The design is pretty with many shades of pink, purple and some orange tones. Initially, I planned to keep the box and reuse it or just store the items till I was done going through all of them, but in the end, I decided not to do so. It does take up quite a bit of space and despite it being well-made, it is not that easy to reuse.
You can see it in the photos and I am sure you are already familiar with the shape of the calendar, but it does resemble the ones from Fortum and Mason. I did keep one from FM and never actually placed anything inside beyond finishing or removing the remaining products. It has a different use for me, but that is another story. The idea is that compared to the calendars from Miin Cosmetics that I got over the past two years or an older LookFantastic or ASOS calendar, storing items inside this calendar is not easy due to the funky drawers. You can place minis inside for sure if you really want to, but a lot of space goes unused. That is a shame as the calendar itself is super cute.
I will place it underneath the Christmas Tree or fill it up with different products to give away to family… We shall see. I kinda hate the fact that the calendar cannot be reused as a box or that it does not have proper larger drawers. Like five large drawers or something would have been so much better in my opinion and then I would have kept it for sure in order to organize some per category some kind of products.
I went on for way too long about a topic that you may not care about so I am going to move on now. It is just a shame as all that cardboard is hard to reuse and give a second chance to.
I got the calendar at full price, but with a goodye bag worth around £455. I got a goody bag that I regretted missing out on earlier in the year so for me, it made sense to go for the calendar despite my initial reluctance. Plus. it was enough to push me over the edge so to speak.
The value of this calendar is reported at over £1000 regardless of the price you manage to get for the product.
Price-wise, like I said. there are many offers running all the time. At the time of writing the calendar is still in stock so you can check it out. The current price is £200 so £35 less than full price.
- 111SKIN Oxygen Express Mask (30ml) – deluxe size
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream (15ml) – deluxe size
- Biossance Squalane and Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum (50ml) – full size
- Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfood Hair Mask (59ml) – travel size
- BYOMA Moisturising Gel Cream (50ml) – full size
- Charlotte Tilbury Bigger Brighter Eyes in ‘Exagger-Eyes’ (5.2g) – full size
- Color Wow Dream Coat Supernatural Spray (50ml) – travel size
- Cult Beauty Mulberry Silk Sleep Mask in ‘Pink’ – full size
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum (15ml) – travel size
- Dr. LEVY Switzerland Pollution Shield 5PF (30ml) – full size
- Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser (60ml) – travel size
- FARMACY Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturiser (50ml) – full size
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops (15ml) – travel size
- Hair By Sam Mcknight Deeper Love Intense Treatment Mask (50ml) – travel size
- Hair Gain Nourishing Miracle Treatment Hair Mask (50ml) – travel size
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara (5.5g) – travel size
- Huda Beauty Power Bullet Cream Glow Sweet Nudes in ‘Sweet Cheeks’ or Bossy Browns in ‘Hustla’ (3g) – full size
- HUM Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair (14 gummies) – travel size
- Jo Loves Candle in ‘Christmas Trees’ (70g) – travel size
- K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask (5ml) – travel size
- LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask in ‘Chocolate’ (20g) – full size
- Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Hydrating Primer (25ml) – travel size
- MALIN+GOETZ Dark Rum Perfume Oil (9ml)– full size
- Medik8 r-Retinoate Intense (15ml) – travel size
- NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex (15ml) – travel size
- Pai Skincare The Impossible Glow Hyaluronic Acid Highlighting Drops in ‘Champagne’ (10ml)– travel size
- REN CLEAN SKINCARE Brightening Dark Circle Eye Cream (15ml) – full size
- RÓEN RÓGLOW Skin Stick in ‘Glazed’ (8g)– full size
- Sachajuan Scalp Shampoo (100ml) – travel size
- Sachajuan Scalp Conditioner (100ml) – travel size
- Sol de Janeiro Bom Dia Bright Cream (75ml) – travel size
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum (30ml) – full size
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 30 (15ml) – travel size
- The INKEY List Polyglutamic Acid Serum (30ml) – full size
- Virtue Healing Oil (9ml) – deluxe size
- Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream (59ml) – full size
- Zelens Power D Fortifying and Restoring (10ml) – travel size
In terms of actual content, I do have to say that products look so much better in real life. Sure, in the picture they did not look half bad but I thought I would use less than I will end up using or thought that I will end up using by looking and holding them in my hand.
I know that it is weird, but it is often the case with me. Holding the products make them seem more real so I start paying way more attention than before and usually end up finding something about them that makes me want to try them more than before.
Obviously, I have not used any of the products so far, well besides the ones that I had used in the past prior to getting the calendar. However, I did test some of them and they are ones I a, not looking forward to incorporating into my routine. I don;t want to spoil future reviews, but I might just have found a product from Medik8 that I could love.
The cream from Farmacy is super luxurious. much more so than I ever dared to think. The product feels like a luxury item when held. I was already super curious to try the product as I have yet to try anything from the brand, but now I am trying really hard to hold off from doing so.
I also love that there is not much makeup included and what it indeed includes is rather usable, well for the most part. They do insist, Cult Beauty as well as other retailers, on including unflattering Huda lipsticks in their offerings for some reason… I was keen on trying some new shades, but I always end up with shades that just do not work for me. I am not even sure if this is better than getting yet another red lipstick…
I also love that there are several drawers inside the calendar that come with multiple products and not just the 25th as it used to. That is rather cool. I won’t tell you which so that I do not spoil the surprise, but it is nice.
Despite my apprehension, I am glad that I bought this calendar. It is a nice way to get some decent products at an ok price while also trying something new. I am not sure if I would have gotten the same items had I bought them individually, but it is nice to know that all of these will be used and will work out one way or another.
I was already looking forward to the goody bag, but now I am excited about some of the products in the calendar. This is a superb way to try out some new brands and products that are often not available in physical stores or at least not easily accessible.
I recommend giving this calendar a chance if you can afford it. You never know what you might find! If this is not a good time, then next year there will be a new edition of the calendar plus there will be many more offers to come in the meantime so don’t fret.
What do you think of the Cult Beauty Advent Calendar?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.