April was promising to be such a good month, until everything went off the rails. I managed to not spend a single dime on beauty until after the 20th of the month. I don’t think that ever happened before. However, with the holidays and my OCD acting up…I ended up getting a few things. Find out more below about how April went in terms of limiting my spending. I did mange to dodge the super enticing Liberty of London beauty gift with purchase so that should count for something, right?
Anyway, here is my summary for the month of April.
- Centacassol SOS Hand Sanitiser 250ml x 2 – these were each £18 so a total of £36
- Banila Co Dear Hydration Face Toner – £14.5
- It’s Skin Power 10 PO Effector Face Serum for Pore Tightening and Sebum Control – £11.50
- It’s Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Toner – £9.75
- It’s Skin Collagen Nutrition Serum – £11.50
- Revox Niacinamide Serum – £5
- Revox Hyaluronic Acid Serum -£5
Total amount spent: £93.25
Allowance from empties
- Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Cleansing and Toning Lotion – £4 for 150 ml so I get an allowance of £2
- Origins Fusion Sheet Mask – £5.50 so I get an allowance of £2.25
- Nivea Smooth Hand Cream with Shea Butter – £2.99 for 100 ml, mine was 30 ml so worth £0.89 and since I get half that amount, my allowance is £0.44
- Merci Handy Cleansing Gel – worth £1.60 so I get an allowance of £0.80
Allowance from empties: £5.49
Allowance from posts
Reviews allowance: £15
Instagram allowance: £1
Total beauty allowance: £21.49
I finished last month on a positive notice, with an allowance of £62.43 which is pretty amazing. March was my best month to date. It was the first month I finished with a positive balance. April on the other hand does not look all that great. I know that! However, most of the items I used are nearly empty so that could mean an increase for the month of May, but we will see in 30 days or so. Until then, I know I did my best and I am sort of proud of my results. The fact that I managed to stick with this program for so long is a feat in itself given just how big of a shopaholic I am. Being bored, tired and super stressed usually leads to even more purchases, but this time I managed to reign it in quite a bit so it means more than what it might seem to you here on a screen.
So let’s do the math now.
£62.44 (from March) + £21.49 (from April) – £93.25 (April purchases) = -£9.33
So my total for the month of April is negative (-9.33). That is not amazing, but it is not that bad, It actually falls within the delimitations I “imposed” on myself when I started this journey of spending less.
So for May I will carry forward a negative balance of -9.33 GBP. However, like I said, it is not that bad so I am happy with the results. I should have tried harder to stay away from getting so many Korean beauty products, but since I was already on the website… You know how these things go. I have used more minis though as I said I would and I am trying to finish them off during May. I am trying really hard not to open up new products and finish the ones I already have opened and get rid of some stuff from my beauty collection. I am also focusing on some full sized products that have been open for a fews months now are their time is almost up. I think it is really important to do this so that we can start spending less and littering the Earth even more than we already are. These are small steps, but they are still a lot better than nothing at all.
How did you do?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.