Hold and behold, the new edition of the John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar. Now it would be a very good moment as well as an embarrassing one to find that the expression does not really mean what I think it means….
The John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar is the perfect gift for any beauty enthusiast. It’s filled with 26 full and deluxe size products to ensure that you are perfectly prepped and pampered all month long. With everything from skincare, makeup, fragrances, hair care, and more – this calendar has it all! See for yourself 🙂
John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar Contents
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream, 15ml
- Evolve Organic Beauty Rose Quartz Facial Polish, (full size) 30ml
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour, Au Naturel, 1g
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, 35ml
- Clinique Moisture Surge 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator, 15ml
- Floral Street Arizona Bloom Eau De Parfum, 10ml
- The Beauty Chef COLLAGEN Inner Boost, 100ml
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, Dolce Vita, 1.8g
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Glycolic Acid Treatment, 15ml Clean
- Dr.Jart+ Ceramidin Facial Barrier Mask, (full size) 22g
- Elemis Superfood Kefir Tea Mist, 30ml
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo 92ml
- Molton Brown Fiery Pink Pepper Bath & Shower Gel, 100ml
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara, Travel Size, Black, 5.5g
- Juliette has a Gun Not a Perfume Eau de Parfum, 5ml and Musk Invisible Eau de Parfum, 5ml
- Liz Earle Instant Boost™ Skin Tonic, 50ml
- REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic (full size) 100ml
- MAC Satin Lipstick, Twig (full size) 3g
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex (full size) 30ml
- Dermalogica AGE Smart™ Biolumin-C Serum (full size) 30ml
- Hermès L’Ombre des Merveilles Eau de Parfum, 7.5ml
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser To Go (full size) 50ml
- Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Bath & Shower Oil (full size) 55ml
- Charlotte Tilbury The Queen Of Glow Luxury Palette, (full size) 5.2g
- Neom Organics London Real Luxury Standard Scented Candle (full size) 185g
The John Lewis Beauty Advent Caendar is priced at £159
Good news! The John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar is back in stock and up for grabs. Do not hesitate if this is a calendar that you want to get as it will most likely sell out again very soon. We do not know whether there will be another restock.
Grab the John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar here.
You probably know by now that John Lewis has a special place in my heart. Not only does is the brand quintessentially British and thus providing an interesting experience for anyone who is not British-born, but it also has a very high CSR score. CSR or Corporate Social Responsibility refers to a business’ accountability towards society and its environment. It is a way for companies to ensure that their products are not harmful to the environment or to public health, ensuring that the brand’s activities do not exploit employees, customers or other stakeholders. In my opinion, John Lewis sets a very high standard for CSR which is not only shown by various professional bodies from the UK, but can sort of be seen while in-store.
In terms of value for customers, they do provide high-quality products and manage to deliver on this every single time, however money-wise, you will definitely find other brands that will provide more monetary value, especially through their advent calendars. This is due to the CSR aspect mentioned above which cuts into the margins. Taking care of the environment, making sustainable decisions and caring for your employees a bit more does not come for free – it costs money… You already know this.
Product wise, there are a few products included on which I can provide some comments starting with the Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream.
- The Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream is a product that everyone seems to love, but not in my household. After trying to love it for so long, I pretty much gave up on it and started trying to get my mother to use it so that we would get rid of the many bottles. I honestly do not understand why so many people endorse the product. The cream is hydrating to some extent, but the texture is a bit sticky and not all that pleasant. I do have oily skin and that may be a factor. It works ok every once in a while, but it is not the product I would reach for every single day. From everything I have seen and experience with this product I can honestly tell you that it is super overrated and overpriced as far as I am concerned.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour, Au Naturel is a very convienet makeup item to have. The colour is not one I personally love, but it is versatile and works on various skin colours. The stick is creamy and the pay off is pretty good.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo is a good dry shampoo. It does a pretty good job, adds a bit of volume without making the hair heavy or ruining its natural texture. It does not provide as amazing results as some drugstore products or other high end ones for that matter, but it is much lighter and you cannot feel it in your hair. This is a product I do recommend.
- Juliette has a Gun Not a Perfume Eau de Parfum is a pretty interesting fragrance. The notes are quite ambigious and not necessarily strong. It is not the type of perfume I would normally choose, but as someone who does like to smell nice, I can tell you it has a very high end feel. Plus, the scent pretty much adjusts to your pH. If you do like that kind of perfume then this will be perfect for you.
You know what? Overall, this John Lewis beauty advent calendar is quite nice. In fact, this is the best beauty advent calendar that John Lewis has ever released as far as I am concerned. Good for them! We all know that many retailers played it safe this year. I am happy to see that John Lewis tried to make their offering more spectacular than usual.
What do you think of the John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.