I am so excited to share this Glossy Box Beauty Advent Calendar with you. I know that the calendar has been out for a while, but I wanted to wait until I had it in my possession to write this review. Furthermore, I am even more excited because this is one calendar that I did not manage to get my hands on last year. So this is a first for me, thus making the entire experience even more special.
Before we go into more details, I want to mention that the Glossy Box UK beauty advent calendar is still available for purchase, unlike the calendar from Holland and Barrett that I reviewed last time.
Read below what I thought of the Glossy Box Beauty Advent Calendar 2019.
Glossy Box Beauty Advent Calendar Review
I know that I mentioned before that this is my first calendar from Glossy Box. That is true. I did not lie about that. Why would I? So you must assume that I was incredibly excited to get my hands on it. That is also true (plus I kinda mentioned it above), but there was also some hesitation. After receiving my last box from them, I was pretty apprehensive. I was worried that getting the calendar might have been a mistake. Was it? Read below.
Price and Value
The Glossy Box Beauty Advent Calendar is priced at £80, however I got it for only £70 as I subscribed to the Glossy Box in advance. It made sense at the time and despite my opinion on the September box, I do not regret it. I still got more products to review/value (depends on how you look at it) for the same amount of money.
The calendar might be priced at £80, but the actual value of the calendar is a whooping £370. So even though this calendar might not be on the affordable side, you still get quite the bargain.
The calendar comes in a a blush-rose gold card box. On the outside the calendar is very pretty and the extra details make it even cuter. I particularly love the silky box at the front.
On the inside, the box has several shelves that hold small card boxes which house the 25 products. This makes the calendar not be one of the most reusable ones out there, but you could try to store some items on the tiny shelves. Personally, I am most likely going to use the inside of the calendar as a photo prop for a while. But like I said, this Glossy Box calendar is definitely not one of the most reusable ones out there. Pity!
The Glossy Box Uk Beauty Advent Calendar comes with 25 items inside which means that you also get a little present on Christmas Day. Out of the 25 items, 15 are full sized which is incredible! I love my minis, but I have to be honest and say that I do prefer full size. It is not about the size, but because when I fall in love with a product I do want to have more of it as who knows when I am going to buy it again with so many launches and predicts I have yet to try. I will take whatever I can get though!
In terms of contents, I was actually a bit surprised. Even though I had a slight idea of what the calendar housed inside of it, I wanted to wait until I got the calendar to actually fully explore its contents. Perhaps this contributed to my anxiety. However, as it turns out, there was no reason for me to be anxious or apprehensive (as per usual!).
Even though the contents of the Glossy Box subscription box failed to impress me for the last several times I got one of their boxes, that was not the case here. The Glossy Box Beauty Advent Calendar does contain some pretty incredible products inside. It is like they saved the best items for this occasion. Safe to say that the Glossy Box Beauty Advent Calendar contains everything that should have made an appearance (but did not) in the subscription boxes.
Actual list of contents:
- NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette – Full Size – RRP £16.00
- Chloé Nomade Eau de Parfum – Deluxe Mini – Worth £7.20
- GlossyBox Blending Sponge – Full Size – RRP £10
- NudeStix Cream Lip & Cheek Pencil – Full Size – RRP £20.50
- The Body Shop Hand & Nail Cream – Full Size – RRP £5
- Luxie, Inc Concealer Rose Gold Brush – Full Size – RRP £12.60
- LASplash Cosmetics Wickedly Divine Eyeliner – Full Size – RRP £12.60
- MUA Makeup Academy PRO/BASE Primer Oil with Gold Flakes – Full Size – RRP £4
- Mitchell and Peach Flora No.1 Bath Oil – Deluxe Mini – Worth £8.05
- Sleek Matte Me – Birthday Suit – Full Size – RRP £4.99
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) In-Shower Styler – Deluxe Mini – Worth £5
- Winky Lux Uni-brow – Full Size – RRP £15
- Dr Dennis Gross Professional Grade IPL Dark Spot Concentrated Serum – Deluxe Mini – Worth £23
- 3INA The Cream Eyeshadow 313 Light Brown – Full Size – RRP £12.95
- Curaprox Be You Candy Lover Toothpaste – Deluxe Mini – Worth £3.10
- Nude by Nature Touch of Glow Highlight Stick – Deluxe Mini – Worth £9
- Rituals Rituals of Sakura body cream – Deluxe Mini – Worth £8.41
- PawPaw Original Clear Balm – Deluxe Mini – Worth £3.95
- Avant Skincare Pro- Intense Hyaluronic Acid Illuminating Day Cream – Full Size- RRP £98
- Barry M Blusher Quad – Full Size – RRP £5.99
- Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant – Deluxe Mini – Worth £17.50
- Kat von D Tattoo Liner Liquid Eyeliner – Deluxe Mini – Worth £6.18
- Steve Laurent Lip Tint – Full Size – RRP £17.33
- Nails Inc Nail Polish – Golden Days Ahead – Full Size – RRP £11
- Tarte Park Ave Princes Chisel Palette (Limited Edition) – Full Size – RRP £40
There are many things inside the calendar that I would have never purchased. I know that. For one, I would have not paid £40 on a palette. I did that once (twice – duplicate) and I probably won’t do it again soon. It takes something special for me to invest that much on a palette, however I know that I would have never gotten a contouring palette like the one from Tarte that has been included in this calendar. Now that I have it though, I would not give it up. Conturing has been growing on me.
That was just one example. However, there are many others. Inside the calendar there are items from brands that I never even came across before. I never heard about LASplash Cosmetics for example nor about Steve Laurent. Now that I have seen their products, I am more than excited to play with them.
I don’t want to go into more details here as I already said enough, but I really love the contents of this calendar. So unlike the subscription boxes, this calendar from Glossy Box is actually worth the money.
I cannot wait till December to share the reviews of all of these products with you. In the meantime, I have some goodies to test :).
Overall, I have to say that I am quite impressed with this advent calendar. Glossy Box really did good and the value for money is definitely there. This calendar was truly a good decision, as far as I am concerned.
What do you think of the Glossy Box Beauty Advent Calendar?
Get your own calendar here (limited stock).
*This article is not sponsored. This article might contain affiliate links which means that BlushSuede will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. However, this does not impact the opinion of the reviewer.