And here we are, I have been doing this again which is probably a record as far as I am concerned. If you recall, at the beginning of the year, I decided to embark on some sot of a beauty spending ban which is something I have tried before, but it never really stuck. This time around I am already on my second month which I think is great.
Last month did not really go as planned, but that is okay. Such things do happen every once in a while so I am going to accept it and continue rather than give up. You can read what happened last month and how much I ended up spending in this article.
- 2xBatiste Heavenly Volume Dry Shampoo – £4 each so £8
- Makeup Remover Cotton Rounds – £2
- Notino Brush Set – £20
- Flower Body Brush – £7
- Boots Ingredients Bakuchiol Serum – £7
- Vaseline with love satin lip balm sheer cherry Dani Dyer Limited Edition – £5.99
- Ethique Trial Pack Oily Skin & Hair – £10.99
- Boots Traditional Glycerin and Rosewater – £1.91
- Bye Bye Blemish Witch Hazel + Tea Tree Toner – £5.99
- Liquid Hand Soap Refill – £2
- Listerine – £3
- Bath salts – £2
- Bath Foam – £2
- SkinCity In Shower Body Brush – £8
- SkinCity Start Up Skincare Routine Kit for Oily/Combinational Skin – £21
- SkinCity Skincare Shower Power Peel – £15
- Skincity Skincare Retinoate Supple Body Oil – £25
Total amount spent: £146.88
Allowance from empties
- Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm – £25 for a jar of 125ml – mine is only 15 ml which means that it is worth £3 thus I get a £1.5 allowance
- Decorte AQ Meliority Intense Regenerating Multi Cream – a jar of this product has 45ml and it is worth £950. My jar had only 2mls which are worth £42.2 so I get an allowance of £21.1
- Jo Malone Peony and Blush – £98 per 100 ml – I had a full sized so I got an allowance of £49
- Pixi Glow Tonic Pads To Go – £20 so I get an allowance of £10
Empties allowance: £81.6
Allowance from posts
- Slip Silk Hair Ties – £5
- Milk Makeup KUSH Lip Balm in Plushberry– £5
- Susanne Kaufmann Deodorant Stick in Line M – £5
- Sol de Janeiro Cheirosa ’62 candle – £5
- Sand and Sky Pink Clay Mask – £5
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm – £5
- ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Primer – £5
- Hourglass Radiant Light Powder – £5
- Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm– £5
- Sensai Absolute Silk Cream – £5
- NYX This is Everything Lip Scrub – £5
- Sanctuary Spa Body Butter– £5
- MakeTheMake Hyaluronic Acid Highlighter Gloss Duo – £5
- No7 Radiant Cleansing Wipes– £5
- Skin Laundry Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask – £5
- Surratt Beauty Lid Lacquer– £5
- Alya Skin Pink Clay Mask – £5
- Fourth Ray Beauty Silk Scrunchies – £5
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Ultra Gentle Daily Peel – £5
- Hero Company Invisible Mighty Acne Patch – £5
- SkinCity Charcoal Deep Cleansing Stick – £5
Review allowance: £105
- Pixi by Petra Glow tonic To Go Pads – £1
- Cheirosa ’62 Candle – £1
- Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Acid Primer – £1
- Milk Makeup Plushberry Lip Balm – £1
- Hourglass Radiant Light Powder – £1
Instagram allowance: £5
I finished last month on a deficit of £60.97 so that means that once I add everything up, I must not forget to include this amount as well.
So let’s adds things up.
I managed to get an empties allowance of £81.6 to which I need to add the allowance obtained from writing new reviews (*only reviews that have not been drafted or written before). That means I am adding a further £105 from reviews and £5 from instagram posts. This brings my total allowance to £191.6.
My total spend for this month was £146.88 to which I need to add £60.97 from last month so I “spent” a total of £207.85.
I guess the result is pretty obvious. I am ending February on a deficit once again. So the amount I carrying forward to March is -£16.25.
It is a bit disappointing that once again I did not end up with a positive balance, but at least my deficit is significantly lower than that of the previous month. So while I am a bit sad, I am also happy for the result. I knew from the beginning that things will not be as easy as simply implementing a system, but I am happy that I managed to keep it up for so long. I believe that I made great strides as far as my beauty spending is concerned and that is all that matters.Also, I am glad that I managed to escape the temptation of investing into the SkinCity or Cult Beauty goody bags that came out this month.
Let’s see how I feel once a major gift with purchase is released in March (fingers crossed)…
In the meantime, I hope you had fun reading this article and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Have any of you embarked on this type of spending ban or a totally different one?
Do share your stories below. Feel free to link to your own experiences.
*Not sponsored. Does not include affiliate links.