This took longer than I intended, but things have been hectic! However, it is finally here – my review of the Niche Beauty Advent Calendar. This is my first review of a beauty advent calendar for the 2020/2021 season. I wanted to say in 2020, but…I was really late with my review of a calendar from last year so..
Niche Beauty Advent Calendar Review
Delivery and Packaging
The Niche Beauty Advent Calendar was safely delivered by DHL. However, I was pretty lucky. The parcel did not contain my entire address nor my phone number so it if were not for the courier who figured it out, my parcel might have been retuned to sender.
Furthermore, I paid for express delivery, but due to the contents of the calendar, this item cannot be sent by plane so yeah… Some people got a refund while those such as myself who also got other products within the same order had the calendar sent by standard shipping and the rest of the items by express.
The calendar arrived in 6 days and the parcel was in one piece. It was pretty perfect on the outside.
Now about packaging. Niche Beauty does not use plastic wrapping so the box was filled only with paper. I do appreciate this.
The Niche Beauty Advent Calendar box is a simple gift box with a sticker on it. That can be a bit disappointing, especially if you were hoping for something more exciting, but I do like it as it can be easily reused. It is much more useful than a calendar box. However, they could have done something like ASOS did last year or even this year. Just spice it up a bit, you know? I don’t mind personally.
The gift box is plain white, with the exception of the sticker and has a magnetic closing. All the boxes I got with this kind of mechanism and that look like this arrived a bit injured and this one was no exception. No big deal but a paper sleeve to hold the box still and stopping it from opening while on transit would have been appreciated. A paper sleeve could have also served as an info sheet to detail the contents etc. There is no such thing.
1. Royal Fern Skin Perfecting Essence – Original – 200 ml
2. Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara – Travel Size – 4 g
3. Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser – Original – 50 ml
4. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – Travel Size – 30 ml
5. Nature of Things Fortifying Magnesium Soak – Original – 227 ml
6. Westman Atelier Lit Up Highlighter Stick – Original – 5 g
7. Goldfaden Doctor’s Scrub – Ruby Crystal Microderm Exfoliator – Travel Size – 50 ml
8. Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream Rich – Travel Size -20 ml
9. Bondi Wash Mist Spray – Travel Size – 50 ml
10. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum – Travel Size – 4 ml
11. The Nue Co Vitamin D – Original – 15 ml
12. Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder, Euphoric Strobe Light – Travel Size – 1,3 g
13. Diptyque Mini Kerze Amber – Travel Size – 35 g
14. Pai Skincare Light Work Rosehip Cleansing Oil – Travel Size – 28 ml
15. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt & Regenerating Mask With Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil – Travel Size – 40 ml
16. Omorovicza Midnight Radiance Mask – Travel Size – 15 ml
17. Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand Wash – Original – 50 ml
18. 111 Skin Rose Gold Brigtening Facial Treatment Mask Single & Rose Gold Illuminating Eye Mask Single – Original – 1 Stk.
19. Dr. Levy Switzerland Travel Set: 3DeepTM Micro-Resurfacing Cleanser 20 ml, Booster Serum 15 ml, Eye Booster Concentrate 3 ml, R3 Cell Matrix Mask 4 ml
20. Caudalie Resveratrol Hautverdichtende Kaschmir Creme – Travel size – 15 ml
21. Costa Brazil Creme Para O Corpo – Body Cream – Travel Size – 25 ml
22. U Beauty Resurfacing Compound – Travel Size – 10 ml
23. Augustinus Bader The Face Oil – Travel Size – 10 ml
24. Susanne Kaufmann Oil Bath for The Senses – Original – 250 ml
While the lack of a proper calendar box can be a bit disappointing, the products more than make up for it. This is a no fuss advent calendar that contains an incredible array of beauty products. I have played a bit with the products already and I have yet to find anything that I really have no need for or would not be willing to try. In this regards, the calendar is a success.
The calendar is filled with products I would have not normally purchased and there are a few brands that I did not even know existed. The products from those brands I am most excited to try!
This Niche Beauty advent calendar is really different from any other calendar on the market. The calendar does not differentiate itself only through its contents, but through the minimalist concept it adopted and that is okay. The calendar might not seem as Christmasy, but personally I do not mind. However, you might which is why I keep bringing it up. The calendar does seem like a nicer, amazing version of a beauty box, just one that houses 24 pouches which contain the beauty goodies.
I am more than happy with my purchase, but the concept behind the calendar might come across as lazy. I really get that. If you don’t mind though, then you might enjoy it as much as I am However, Niche Beauty clearly has some communication issues and delivery kinks it needs to sort out which is something I will keep in mind for future order. The calendar itself is a good one though.
The Niche Beauty Advent Calendar is available exclusively here.
What do you think of the Niche Beauty Advent Calendar?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.