I am back with what is definitely the last review of a beauty advent calendar for 2020 and that is the review of the LookFantastic Beauty Advent Calendar.
I was very unsure whether to get the LookFantastic calendar or not. I knew right form the start that I wanted to try some fo the products, the value was definitely okay, but still something held me back. When I finally decided “WTH” and went to get it, it had sold out. A few days ago, the calendar came back in stock and I did not hesitate to purchase it. I did have some second thoughts afterward, but it is what it is. I can be so certain when it comes to some things and yet so undecided when it comes to others. I love shopping, but hate spending money haha. You know what that is like, I am sure.
Anyway, here are my thoughts after I actually got the chance to play with the calendar a bit.
LookFantastic Beauty Advent Calendar Review
I purchased the products via the international website as I did not want to complicate things by using the UK website. I am glad that I did as I am going to forward my UK shopping right after writing and posting this review. Fingers crossed that I will not forget as I have no plans on paying for extra charges… The idea is that it would have not arrived in time to get started on the product reviews and unboxing videos.
The product was delivered via DHL and I did not pay for fast shipping, but it still arrived in around 4 working days. I did order it in conjunction with a beauty box to benefit from a. discount but even though I was certain that I was getting box and not the calendar, I only got the calendar. I am not complaining to you – just mentioning facts -, but might complain to them.
Both the UK website and the international one have failed me recently when it comes to beauty boxes. I am still debating whether to post what I have written on the matter. Even I think I was a bit brutal. We’ll see. It will probably make its way in some shape or form on here, as I do not believe in censorship, but after Christmas. Until then, I am going to focus on positives, welL, as much as I can given that I will be posting more product reviews this upcoming month.
The summarise, the delivery was more than okay.
I like that LookFantastic used a more traditional calendar box. It is not that different from previous years. The design has changed, however mostly on the outside rather than the inside. The closing bit is different as you don’t get to open the calendar as you would a double door, but as you would a book. Hope that makes sense!
What I really like that there is at least one drawer inside the calendar that I see myself reusing. It looks like a golden tray on the outside; I am using a similar piece of cardboard which was the lid of a limited edition Glossy Box from years ago to store the fragrances I use the most. I am sure I will have some use for this drawer as well.
The rest of the calendar will unfortunately end up in the rubbish. I really wish they would do something similar to what they did back in 2017 when they had an Alice in Wonderland type jewellery chest of sorts. I still have that box and use it to store face makeup with the exception of eyeshadows.
This calendar box I honestly have no need for. I tried reusing calendars that look like this one, but slowly I am giving them all up as they take more space than anything else. If I were still making jewellery (more like attempting to) than I probably would keep them as they could be useful to store beads and what not.
- 3INA Cream Eyeshadow 313 3ml worth £14.95 – full size – review
- ABH Lash Brag Volumizing Mascara 5ml worth £14 – travel size
- Avant Harmonious Rose Quartz Revitalising & Firming Mask 50ml worth £79 – full size
- Caudalie Vinopure Gel Cleanser 30ml worth £3.20 – deluxe size
- Diego dalla Palma Eye Liner – black 25ml worth £9.47 – deluxe size
- ECooking Vit C Serum 10ml £21.50 – deluxe size
- Eve Lom Cleanser 20ml worth £16 – deluxe size
- ESPA Balancing Moisturiser 55ml worth £42 – full size
- Filorga Time Filler 15ml worth £18.60 – deluxe size
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream 30ml worth £63 – deluxe size
- GLOV Eye mask – Navy blue worth £12.99 – full size
- Illamasqua Mini Lip Gloss – Vogue 1.5ml worth £10 – deluxe size
- Lord & Berry Brow Crayon with Applicator 10g £15 – full size
- Luxie 522 Tapered Highlighter Brush worth £15 – full size
- Mio Clay Away Body Cleanser 30ml worth £3.15 – deluxe size
- Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Body Wash 100ml worth £10 – deluxe size
- Natasha Denona Mini Blush & Glow 4g worth £16 – travel size
- Omorovicza Silver Skin Saviour 15ml worth £21 – travel size
- Philip Kingsley Mayan Vanilla & Orange Blossom Elasticizer 40ml worth £13 – deluxe size
- REN Glow Daily Tonic AHA Tonic 50ml worth £5.40 – deluxe size
- Rituals Sakura Rejuvenating Pink Salt Scrub 125g worth £7.50 – deluxe size
- Rodial Dragon’s Blood Cleansing Water 100ml worth £17 – deluxe size
- Sleek Hydrating or Mattifying Primer 20ml worth £7.99 – full size
- Tan Luxe Super Glow 10ml worth £15 – travel size
- This Works Deep Sleep Body Cocoon 100ml worth £30 – full size
I love the LookFantastic calendar and yet, I do not. There are some impressive products included inside, some that I have been meaning to try for a while, some that are definitely not worth purchasing on their own if you have alternatives such as this one. But on the other hand, there are products I already own, tried and liked or did not like and there are products that I do not really need nor want. This happens with all calendar, I know that. However, it feels like this time there are more of the ones that I do not really want, but also some higher price items that I really want and would have definitely not purchased just to try if it were not for the calendar. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place right now.
The calendar is quite fantastic from some regards and a bit of a let down in others. I do tend to think that it was worth it, I know that the price value ratio is incredible and all, but not me personally I do tend to think it was worth it. There are still some things holding me back from forming a final opinion. I want to say that the calendar rocks, but I guess I can only determine that as I go through each and every product.
Again, I am inclined to say that this calendar is good, but there are a few reservations that prevent me from saying so. On the up side, I do not regret my purchase anymore, so there is that. I purchased more foolish stuff in the past and will probably do so again in the future.
What did you think of the LookFantastic beauty advent calendar?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.