I am a bit late with this one, but it was time to share a review as this week there have been so many great offers… In case you missed it, here you can find my first review for May, the review of a product from Youth to the People, a brand that just launched at Cult Beauty.
Now, that we got that out of the way, here is what the new beauty box from Harper’s BAzaar Contains.
Harper’s Bazaar Luxury Beauty Box Contents
- LA MER The Moisturizing Soft Cream, 7ml, RRP £23.00
- BOBBI BROWN Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick, 0.9g, RRP £14.00
- LAURA MERCIER Velour Extreme Matte Deluxe Lipstick in Dominate, 0.42g, RRP £8.00
- BENEFIT They’re Real Magnetic Mascara, 3g, RRP £8.00
- ELIZABETH ARDEN Prévage Anti-Ageing Daily Serum 2.0, 5ml, RRP £18.00
- L’OREAL Elvive Dream Lengths 8 Second Wonder Water, 200ml, RRP £15.00 – FULL SIZE
- CHANTECAILLE Lip Definer, 1.1g, RRP £22.00 – FULL SIZE
- NARCISO ROGRIQEZ Musc Noir For Her Fragrance, 10ml, RRP £17.00
- NAILS INC Nailkale Superfood Base Coat, 14ml, RRP £15.00 – FULL SIZE
- ESSE Nourish Moisturiser, 50ml, RRP £56.00 – FULL SIZE
- CLÉ DE PEAU BEAUTÉ Le Sérum, 7ml, RRP £30.00
- MIO Heavenly Body Purifying Scrub, 275g, RRP £25.00 – FULL SIZE
- DECORTÉ AQ washing Cream, 30ml, RRP £8.00
- DECORTÉ Liposome Moisture Mask, 20ml, RRP £10.00
- BAREMINERALS Ageless 10% Phyto-Retinol Night Concentrate, 8ml, RRP £14.00
- SKIN & ME Bespoke Prescription (1 month), 12ml, RRP £19.99 – FULL SIZE
Price and Value
The new beauty box Harper’s Bazaar is priced at £70, however it has a reported value of £299. This is a £229 saving!
Unfortunately though, the beauty box is available only to UK customers. The box can be purchased here.
Honestly, I do not really know what to say. Yes, we already discussed this, but once again I feel the need to bring it up. I both like and hate it. I like the fact that I do not know what to say as that usually means I haven’t used many, if any, of the products. This means that they most likely haven’t been included in basically every single beauty box or gift with purchase. And that is a great thing, for me and for you as well. It increases the chances of having access to new goodies to try at a fraction of the price. On the other hand, I hate that I cannot provide you with insight, but I do ask that you share your thoughts on the products below to help the community with any insight that you have :).
The only product I tried from this box is the Nails Inc Base Coat. It is a pretty okay product, in my opinion. I do not have much experience with anything nail related, but I personally like using it as a base coat or on its own. It does offer an extra layer of protection, but I cannot say whether the nails are actually stronger long term or anything of the sort. I used other products that made a noticeable difference, but that was not the case here. Instead though, I did feel like my nails looked better post polish/product compared to when using other base coats. That is something.
Other than that, I like this box because it provides a nice variety of products and even includes products from brands such as Clé de Peau and La Mer, two brands which haven’t really been featured in deals before. I am personally tempted by Clé de Pea, but do appreciate the inclusion of La Mer as it can provide many people a chance to try the brand and decide whether it is worth their money or not or at least get a better idea. I know that some saved for months to get themselves something from La Mer due to the huge hype it generated a couple fo years back, only to end up disappointed or unimpressed so this could be a way around that. I haven’t used this specific La Mer product, but I do have a bit of experience with the brand and while it is good, I do not really think it is worth the money.
Overall, there is nothing about this box that makes me go ‘wow’ and declare that I cannot live without it, but it is a good deal and a good opportunity to try some new luxurious products. I would get it if I could get it delivered, but I am not overly upset that I cannot just order it without jumping through various hoops. It is not worth the extra hassle on this occasion.
What do you think of this new beauty box?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.
*Featured photo credit: Harper’s Bazaar
*Also, my apologies if this article is lacking the usual “personality”. I am supposed to get my second dose of the vaccine today and I am freaking out a bit. I have too many things pending to be feeling poorly afterwards. Plus a few other things on top of that… Fingers crossed everything will be fine 🙂