A few days late, but it is finally here. Below you can find my results for the month of January of the beauty challenge I launched more than two years ago. It is never too late to join, you know? Whichever way you want to do this, whether you want to adopt my method (it works! – stay tuned as I will show my progress from one year to the next hopefully soon) or any other method or perhaps even create your own, if you feel like you are spending too much money on beauty, then I highly recommend you try to adopt a system.
Let’s get on with it, shall we?
…there were none.
I wish, but no. That is from the previous month.
For real now.
- Stradivarius Hand Cleaner Spray Cherry Jam x 4, each worth £3.36
Total purchases: £13.44
Allowance from empties
- Ziaja Hand and Body Wash 400ml, worth £1.93
- Skin Regimen Hyaluronic Booster 25ml, worth £78
- Dr.Jart+ Ceramidin Eye Cream 20ml, worth £27
- Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream Moisturiser 10ml, worth £8.2
- John Frieda Detox and Repair Shampoo For Dry Stressed & Damaged Hair 250ml, worth £5.99
- Radiant Seoul Firming Beauty Sheet Mask, 1 Sheet Mask, 0.85 oz (25 ml), worth £0.79
- Radiant Seoul Plumping Beauty Sheet Mask, 1 Sheet Mask, 0.85 oz (25 ml), worth £0.79
- Radiant Seoul Hydrating Beauty Sheet Mask, 1 Sheet Mask, 0.85 oz (25 ml), worth £0.79
- MediHeal EGT Timetox Gel Smile-Line Patches x 2, each worth £0.76
- REVOX JUST Retinol Tonic 300ml, worth £4.60
- BioEffect EGF Day Serum 5ml, worth £19.16
- Molton Brown Tabacco Absolute Shower Gel 100ml, worth £7.33
- Pureology Hydrate Shampoo 50ml, worth £6.29
- No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Advanced Day Cream 25ml, worth £12.47
- I Dew Care Let’s Get Beauty Olive’Bout You Sheet Mask, with £1.3
- Stradivarius Hand Cleaner Spray Vanilla Plum, worth £4.48
- Ziaja Hand and Body Gel 400ml, worth £4.5 (bought way before I knew about Parfimo)
- Natura Ekos Castanha Hand Cream 75g, £13.30
In January, I ended up using £198.43 worth of product which means that my allowance form empties for this month is of £99.21.
Allowance from posts
Allowance from reviews
- Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfood Mask – review here
- Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Oil-Free Moisturiser – review here
- Dr Jart+ Cermidin Eye Cream – review here
Allowance from reviews: £15
Allowance from Social Media
- Instagram: 2 posts * £1 -> £2
Total allowance from posts: £17
Since you seemed to have liked this new section, I am going to continue to review some of the empties here.
I am going to start with the John Frieda Detox and Repair Shampoo For Dry Stressed & Damaged Hair. This is a shampoo that I had for way longer than I should have had it for. I purchased while I still living in London… yeah, it has been a while. I did not use it not because I did not enjoy it, but because I always got distracted. In fact, I actually enjoyed this shampoo. It is creamy, it leaves the hair looking super clean without stripping it. My hair never looked better than when using this affordable haircare product. However, it does my hair a bit too soft and that is without applying conditioner after wash. My hair is soft as it is and lacks volume so this was an occasional use product for me rather than a every wash type of product. I will repurchase if I have the chance.
The Stradivarius Hand Cleansing Spray in Vanilla Plum is one of my favourite hand sanitisers on the market. Yes, I did enjoy the ones from Pull & Bear (sister/brother company) a bit more, but since I cannot find those anymore, these will have to do. I used several of these bottles already, but I do use them mostly to clean my phone and such rather than my hands. They do work well on hands as well as it does not evaporate before you get to apply the product all over, unlike the Haan ones which might be cute, but useless IMO.
This is it for now. I wanted to include a couple more reviews here, but I want to write full article for those so I will skip them for now. As always, if you are curious about any of the products I finished this month, feel free to leave a comment below.
Okay, so let’s get to the interesting part now. For once, I am not dreading the results 🙂
£99.21 (allowance form empties) + £17 (allowance from posts) – £2311.62 (previous closing balance) =-£2195.41
Wow, things are looking a bit better, aren’t they?
I wish I could have avoided making any purchases in January as well, but that was not the case, as you can see above. I am doing a new challenge as you might have seen on my IG, a wellness one this time around (more details soon) so in order to get more steps in, when I went shopping, I decided to enter the Inditex stores as well. To my surprise, I found a pair of super reduced shoes at Bershka and after that I was certain hat I wanted to check out Stradivarius as well, even if I failed to find anything interesting online. I did not expect to find my to-go-to hand sanitiser on sale, but since it was a bit reduced… I went and got all the bottles on sale. Basically I ended up getting 4 for 3. They shall last me a while.
In terms of empties, I focused on finishing up the products I was using and the stray shampoo bottles I had laying around. I have too many bottles of shampoo opened so it is high time to finish/throw some of them away. Nothing all that interesting here.
Overall, I am proud of my results for January and that I managed to skip around three beauty gifts with purchase and a cute little set from Revolve. Hopefully this will become the new norm and my spending will go down. I truly wish to get closer to a positive closing balance this year.
How did you do in January?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.