With so many interesting things to choose from, including the launch of a brand (Then I met You – later today) I have been very much looking forward to trying, it took some debating what to post today. In the end, I decided to go with this new offer from Latest in Beauty as it was the best choice and while the news of a new brand becoming availble is great, the excitement can make us take rash decisions. What I mean is that I would rather you wait to grab the new goodies, if of interest, when you can qualify for a beauty gift with purchase. Make the most of that hard earned cash is all I am saying.
Let’s get to the new collection beauty box from Latest in Beauty in the meantime.
Do Good, Feel Good Beauty Box Contents
Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color – Neutral Rose 2.5g
SkinCity Skincare Milky Moisture Enzyme Peeling – full size
L’Occitane Almond Delicious Hands Hand & Nail Cream 30ml
Smashbox The Original Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Primer 7.1g
Rituals The Ritual of Karma Shower Foam 50ml
Bioderma Sebium H2O Micellar Water 250ml – full size
Revlon ColorStay Shadow Stick – Sierra – full size
Kiehl’s Crème de Corps Whipped Body Butter 15ml
Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm 30ml
NEQI Hand Cleansing Gel 100ml
Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Colour – Metalica – full size
Invisibobble Single WAVER – single pack
Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster 5ml
Eyelure Eylure C-Lash (types will vary) – full size
Look Good, Feel Good Multi Tasking Brush – full size
Faith in Nature Lavender & Geranium Hand Wash – full size
Lipsmacker Sprite Lip Smacker – full size
Price and Value
The beauty box is priced at £35 and has a value of over £118. The box is available for purchase here.
Not only is this box pretty cute, but up to £5 of every sale will go to the partnering charity – Look Good, Feel Better. While I would like to know what exactly up to £5 means, as I find the wording a bit ambiguous, this is for a great cause.
Now in terms of the products, the box is actually quite good as well. I have not tried every single one of the products in here (slim chances of that ever happening), but I have tried quite a few. Here are some of my thoughts on the products:
- Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Colour in Neutral Rose: First of all, this lipstick is quite pretty while on. The finish is not too glossy, but not matte either. The lipstick looks pretty natural while on. The lipstick is soft and it won’t last you ages. Furthermore, the texture of the product makes it feel very comfortable on the lips. I would say that it is even a bit hydrating and definitely not drying. The colour is nice. The lipstick might give off a pink-ish tint, but it is a rather dark pink thus making it look quite natural. It basically enhances the natural lip colour and makes the lips pop more.
- L’Occitane Almond Delicious Hands Cream: I love my L’Occitane hand creams and this one is one of my favourite ones. They are very helpful to have around whenever in need of some TLC. The cream is hydrating, perhaps more so than some others from the same range and it smells pretty great as well. The cream absorbs rather well and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft.
- Smashbox Original Photo Finish Smooth and Blur Primer: This is one of my favourite high-street primers, however I get the feeling that many of you won’t like as much. The primer has a silicone/gel like texture which spreads easily on the skin. The texture is pretty light weight, similar to the one of the Unseen Sunscreen from Supergoop. Despite its gel like texture, it melts into the skin almost and leaves a blurring and thin layer on the surface. I do not know how to explain it, but the primer leaves the skin velvety somehow. I was originally worried about using this product as it can feel a bit greasy to the touch, but on the face it works really well (yes, even on oily skin) and makes foundation look more natural and glowy while still making pores seem more blurred. After so many years, I still love using this product. Definitely worth a try.
- Rituals Ritual of Karma Shower Foam: While I never actually used this specific range, I have used many of the Rituals products, including their shower foams. I love shower foams as they are easy and fun to use. They feel incredible on the skin – think whipped cream or rather shaving cream. The product comes out so fluffy and it is easy to rub all over your body thus making the shower experience an even faster one if you so wish. It works well when you wanna have some fun (by yourself or with someone else, I don’t judge), but also when you need to get going and barely have time to shower. It is a different experience than the one with regular shower gels, but I highly recommend you give it a shot. Here I reviewed the Dove Shower Mousse if you want to read more about such products.
- Bioderma Sebium H2O Micellar Water: Out of all the micellar water you can find in drugstores, supermarkets, actual pharmacies and basically everywhere (perhaps with the exception of luxury department stores), the Bioderma products are some of my favourite ones. The Sebium Micellar Water is theoretically crated for those with oily skin, however you can use on other skin types as well. Those with really sensitive skin might want to patch test it throughly before applying the product, but otherwise there should be no major issues. Personally, I like the product, however I do have to admit that the Sensibio, the version of this micellar water specifically created for those with sensitive skin, is my favourite. The product does a great job though, the formula is good and it feels nice on the skin without leaving a greasy or who knows what else feeling behind.
- Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm: This isa product I used to love (my mother uses it to this day), but one I now have a love-hate relationship with. It let me down on my gradation day of all days. I am allowed to be upset, alright? 🙂 Otherwise, it works really well and leaves the hair more voluminous and easy to style. You can read my full review here.
- Lipsmacker Sprite Lip Balm: Like every LipSmacker product, this lip balm is fun. The product feels alright on the lips and I guess it can be considered sort of hydrating as well. The product actually kinda tastes like Sprite and smells like it as well which is fun, in a novelty gift sort of way. It is nothing incredible about it, but like I said, it is kinda fun to try and use every once in a while. It is different, that’s for sure.
Overall, I love the look of this beauty box. It has some pretty down to earth products included inside that every once in a while are fun to try. Who known, you might even discover a new replacement for that high end product you hate to love? *wink. Seriously now, I do like the box and I recommend giving it a go. You get quite a few goodies and the value/price ratio is pretty alright as well.
Grab the beauty box here.
What do you think of this new collection box from Latest in Beauty?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going.