There are a lot of things I could say in this intro, but there is no need. You already know what to look for and what you are to expect from this article so I am just going to leave you at it. That, and I have no idea where to even begin writing a proper intro that makes some sense. I tried…*shrug.
- Touch in Beauty Cleansing & Skincare Enhancing Device – £6.02 x 2
- Oh K! Hair Tie Set – £1.02
- It’s Skin Tiger Cica Green Chill Down Toner 400ml – £10.33
- It’s Skin The Fresh Sheet Mask with Bambus Extract – £1.03 x 2
- Banila Co B by Banila Tinted Lip Balm Pot in 04 Bad – £4.29
- It’s Skin Pimple Removing Tool – £1.53
- It’s Skin The Fresh Sheet Mask with Aloe Extract – £1.02 x 2
- MediHeal Collagen Impact Essential Sheet Mask – £1.19 x 2
- MediHeal EGT Timetox Gel Smile-Line Patches 5 pieces – £3.79
- MediHeal PeelSoft Bubbleraser Pads – £5.50
- Medheal EGT Essence Gel Eyefill Patches 5 pieces – £3.78
- Ziaja Hand and Body Wash 400ml – £2.26 x 18
- Ziaja Herbal Shampoo 200ml – £2.98
- Ziaja Med Hair Treatment anti Hair Loss Shampoo 300ml – £2.52
- Purito DermHA-3 Hyaluronic Acid Serum 50ml – £9.87
- KLAVUU Blue Pearlsation 8 Hydra Marine Ampoule 50ml – £7.89
- Banila Co Clean It Zero Pore Clarifying Cleansing Foam 150ml – £6.57
- Iunik BetaGlucan Hydrating Face Cream 60ml – £7.06
- Bye Bye Blemish Skin Rescue Serum – £4.36
- It’s Skin Power 10 Formula Vb Sebum Control Sheet Mask – £1.02
- Hada Labo Tokyo Age Correcting Eye Cream, Ivory, Fragrance Free – £5.29
- Yadah Cica Daily Green Sheet Mask – £1.32 x 2
- Yadah Cactus Daily Green Sheet Mask – £1.32 x 2
- Isntree Moist Cream with Hyalronic Acid 100ml – £6.17
- Hubislab Botol Ampoule Premium Active 30ml – £12.13
- Yadah Collagen Daily Green Sheet Mask – £1.32 x 2
- Net-a-Porter Beauty Advent Calendar – £255
- Stradivarius Hand Cleaner Spray Cherry Jam – £4.59
- Stradivarius Hand Cleaner Vanilla Plum – £4.59
- SkinRx Lab MadeCera Cream, 1.69 fl oz (50 ml) – £5.99
- iHerb Promotional K-Beauty Box, 6 pieces kit – £3.94
- Elizavecca Witch Piggy Hell-Pore Blemish Spot Patch, 44 Patches – £2.83
- I Dew Care Let’s Get Beauty Sheet Faced, 14 Day Beauty Sheet Mask Set – £18.26
- Radiant Seoul Firming Beauty Sheet Mask, 1 Sheet Mask, 0.85 oz (25 ml) – £0.79 x 2
- Radiant Seoul Hydrating Beauty Sheet Mask, 1 Sheet Mask, 0.85 oz (25 ml) – £0.79 x 2
- Idealove Purple Flower Power, 1 Beauty Sheet Mask, 0.85 fl oz (25 ml) – £1.26 x 2
- Idealove Eureka for Cica, 1 Beauty Sheet Mask, 0.85 fl oz (25 ml) – £1.26 x 2
- Radiant Seoul Plumping Beauty Sheet Mask, 1 Sheet Mask, 0.85 oz (25 ml) – £0.79 x 2
- Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch, 24 Patches -£2.09
Total Purchases: £477.13
Allowance from Empties
- BioEffect EGF Day Serum 5ml – worth £19.16
- Percy & Reed I Need a Hero! Wonder Balm Hair Primer 75ml – worth £19
- Natura Ekos Energizing Hand Cream Acai 40g – worth £8.56
- Boscia Chia Seed Moisture Cream 15ml – worth £10.55
- Nanogen Thickening Treatment Shampoo for Women 240ml – worth £10
- Goldfaden MS Doctor’s Scrub 50ml – worth £34
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner 29ml – worth £2.15
- Ziaja Hand and Body Wash 400ml – worth £1.93 x 2
- BioEffect EGF Day Serum 3ml – worth £11.49
- Avalon Organics Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Shampoo 325ml – worth £7.1
- The Royal Fern Phytoactive Skin Perfecting Essence 200ml – worth £70
- CeraVe Hydrating Micellar Water – worth £7.3
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Treatment – worth £2.9
- 111Skin Y Lift Neck and Decolletage Serum 10ml – worth £45.42
- Dermapore Dermaflash in Light Pink – worth £89
- IGK Hair Rich Kid Coconut Air Dry Styler 145ml – worth £25
- Stradivarius Hand Cleaner Spray Cherry Jam – worth £4.48
- Indeed Labs Retinol Reface – worth £19.99
- Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream 5ml – worth £5.7
In November I used up £395.66 worth of beauty products which resulted in an allowance of £197.83
Allowance from Posts
Allowance from reviews
- Glow Recipe Retinol Avocado Melt Sleeping Eye Mask – review
- Scientia Peach and Glow Hydra Skin Tonic – review
- Net-a-Porter Beauty Advent Calendar – review
Allowance from Social Media
1 IG Reel + 1 TikTok video = £6
Total allowance from posts: £21
Mini Empties Reviews
As promised, I am back with this new section that I introduced in October for yet another month. I hope you will enjoy it as much as you have the previous one.
The Boscia Chia Seed Moisture Cream is a product that I did not initially like. The texture of the cream is on the thicker side which does not really agree with my oily skin that much. However, since the weather has gotten colder, it seems that my skin agrees more with this product than it had during warmer months. The cream is moisturising, but the Boscia Chia Seed Moisture Cream is not really a product that I can see myself purchasing ever again. The scent, the texture, the way it makes my skin look, the way it feels on the skin just aren’t right for me.
Dermapore Dermaflash in Light Pink is a skincare device that I truly loved, however I am not that sure anymore that the investment was worth it. The device stopped charging all of a sudden even though I only used it a few times and charged it less than that. It is just too expensive if it is rendered useless in just a short time span.
The IGK Hair Rich Kid Coconut Air Dry Styler is one of my favourite products from the brand and in general when it comes to haircare, now that I think about it. The gel has a strange texture as it is thick and a bit sticky, but it feels okay once rubbed between your fingers and applied to your hair. The reasons why I like this product so much is not just because it makes my hair look glossy (in a good way), but also because it helps me style it. By style it, I mean nothing more than scrunching it up and combing it the next day, but it makes it seem like I made an effort you know? That is key for someone like myself who has not idea how to style hair and and from whom attempting to use a hair styling tool usually results in a disaster.
I liked some other reviews above if you are interested in checking them out.
Now we are getting to the traumatic part. I though that I could perhaps avoid this, but I guess not. I did postpone it a much as I could, but now it is time to face the music.
£197.83 (Allowance from Empties) + £21 (Allowance from posts) – £477.13 (November’s spending) – £2189.47 (Previous Closing Balance) = – £2447.77
Yikes. Now these results look rather bad. Not only do I need to be extra careful, but my chances of getting a gift with purchase/ goody bag anytime soon are quite small. If you recall, my condition for this year was not to go under -£2.5K and I am pretty close right now to that threshold.
In November I spent the largest amount I have spent in one month during 2021 (so far at least) which is equal to 26% of my total spending for the year. My October results are not far off either. Hmm. This is a bit problematic, but I do not feel guilty about it. Maybe I could have gone without the Net-a-Porter beauty advent calendar, but things are what they are and there is not reason to lament it. I could easily pass the blame on not knowing what next year will look like and whether I will have the opportunity to continue working with the best support system a gal can get by my side or whether I will have to be all by myself. I do find this extremely traumatic right now, like even the thought of having to go through that again gives me a panic attack. I haven’t had a panic attach in around 10 years before this…But no, that is not the reason why I spent so much. I would have spent it anyway.
I feel a bit strange sharing so much, perhaps at times I am oversharing, but I do want you to know the person that is sitting behind this screen even if I do not have the habit to photograph myself or share video review on Youtube or other platforms. Plus, many of us have different reasons why we make certain decisions and have vastly different shopping behaviours that sometimes are not exactly healthy so I do want you to know that you are not alone.
In other news, I left the advent calendars and the beauty boxes I got previously well alone. The items have been stashed away for future use, but I haven’t dipped my fingers (not pun intended) into them. I do think ether I did the right thing by storing the products away or maybe I should have left all my purchases on the piece of furniture they sat on while in “quarantine”.
I have this magical skill of stashing tons of stuff away in an organised manner so that there fits more than one could possibly imagine, but that leaves very few things visible which makes it easier to forget the mountain of stuff one has still available to get through. I did not mean to brag about my neat skills or anything of the sort, but it is easier to ignore the elephant in the room if you cannot see it. Am I right? Also, don’t go imaging that I can do anything that even remotely resembles all those people on TikTok that are experts at cleaning and folding stuff. I am nowhere near that level.
If you are confused about what I did, well I added around 100 new skincare and makeup items to the stash I keep in my tiny, tiny room and you cannot really see it. I truly hope this won’t become a problem later on.
So there you have it the good, the bad, the ugly and perhaps even the crazy. Speaking of which, anyone else anxiously awaiting to see “the Bad and the Crazy” with Lee Dong Wook and Wi Ha Joon?
How did you do in November? Did you manage to survive Black Friday?
*This article is not sponsored. This article contains affiliate links which means that Blush Suede might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make any purchases by clicking the links included in this article. Thank you for your support. It is you that keep us going